The summer – it’s finally here!
I don’t know about you, but the 24th of May weekend always signals the start of summer! Splash pads are now open (or soon opening) and many of us are looking forward to spending some time in pools, lakes, water parks and even bathtubs.
Water safety is key to ensure that everyone has fun, all summer long. Some important reminders include:
- The absence of adult supervision is a factor in most child drownings.
- Always watch children actively around water-even if they are good swimmers.
- Consider requiring all non-swimmers to wear a lifejacket to keep them at the surface to assist you while supervising.
- Ensure adequate barriers are in place such as tall fencing with self-closing and self-latching gates.
- When playing in public pools and splash pads (finally!) make sure you have a recent photo, or description of their clothing and bathing attire.
- More tips and reminders can be found here