Our Classroom Locations
Public Courses offered in:
- Barry’s Bay
- Carleton Place
Other locations by request
The Canadian Red Cross Babysitting course covers everything from managing difficult behaviors to essential content on leadership and professional conduct as a babysitter.
Babysitting promises to deepen and enhance the responsibility that older youth feel when caring for younger children. This course now provides increased focus on first aid, and how to provide appropriate care in the event of an emergency.
- How to be responsible and demonstrate leadership
- How to make good decisions and manage difficult behaviours
- Information on children’s developmental stages, and specific strategies for each stage
- How to feed, diaper, dress, and play with children and babies
- How to recognize and prevent unsafe situations, make safe choices and promote safe behaviours
- The business of babysitting
- First Aid, including when to call 911, choking, anaphylaxis, poisoning, insect stings, minor wounds, and unconsciousness
- Babysitter’s Manual
- Completion certificate
Do you have a younger child? They might be interested in the Stay Safe / Home Alone course here.
To arrange a private course for your group, CONTACT US