Kenwood Corporate Center
16 Edward Street South, Arnprior, ON
Rocky Mountain House
409 Stewart Street, Renfrew, ON
Petawawa Civic Center
16 Civic Center Rd, Petawawa, ON
The Red Cross Babysitting course for 11 to 15-year-olds, refreshed and revised, now has a greater emphasis on First Aid skills. The Canadian Red Cross Babysitting course covers everything from managing difficult behaviors to essential content on leadership and professional conduct as a babysitter. Babysitting promises to deepen and enhance the responsibility that older youth feel when caring for younger children. This updated curriculum, complete with new science, also provides improved learning when it comes to giving the appropriate care in the event of an emergency.
Due to social distancing requirements, we have a maximum of 12 participants in Arnprior courses, and 18 participants in Renfrew courses.
- How to be responsible and demonstrate leadership
- How to make good decisions and manage difficult behaviours
- Information on children’s developmental stages, and specific strategies for each stage
- How to feed, diaper, dress, and play with children and babies
- How to recognize and prevent unsafe situations, make safe choices and promote safe behaviours
- The business of babysitting
- First Aid, including when to call 911, choking, anaphylaxis, poisoning, insect stings, minor wounds, and unconsciousness
- Babysitter’s Manual
- Completion certificate
Do you have a younger child? They might be interested in the Stay Safe / Home Alone course here.