CPR/CHOKING BASICS FOR NEW PARENTS
This course helps parents and guardians recognize emergencies and provide the necessary treatments. In an emergency, every second counts – knowing what to do could save your baby’s life.
This course is ideal for families before the baby is born, and for parents whose children are starting to transition to solid foods.
This course does NOT include any certification, and is for general interest only. This is a baby-friendly event – babies in arms are welcome to attend.
Administrative charge of $25+hst will apply to re-scheduled or cancelled courses.
ontrac in Arnprior
Kenwood Corporate Center
16 Edward Street South, Arnprior ON
ontrac in Renfrew
270 Argyle Street South, Renfrew ON
All of our First Aid and CPR/AED training courses are offered in two formats:
- Traditional All In-Class – This training will be held strictly in-class with a Canadian Red Cross instructor. Students will learn theory and practice hands-on skills.
- Online Blended – This training is divided into an online and in-class portion. The online session will contain the theory and knowledge portion of the course, requiring participants to complete quizzes, games and more. This session must be completed prior to the participant’s in-class date (the date they are registered for). Once students complete the online session, they will attend an in-class portion and practice hands-on skills with one of our highly trained Canadian Red Cross instructors.
CPR and HCP are not the same course, although they do contain some similar elements. CPR/AED courses are available to the general public as they are not high-intensity trainings. This training provides students with the knowledge they need to provide CPR to adults, children and infants depending on the course level they have chosen. Ideal for most workplaces or for general knowledge. HCP, now known as Basic Life Support, is a course designed for healthcare professionals. This four hour course covers high-intensity CPR, trauma, opioid overdose and more for those who work in fast-paced environments such as a hospital. This is an advanced training course that provides participants with a certificate valid for one year.
No, you do not need to register for two separate courses. We offer two courses that include both CPR/AED and First Aid training in one:
- Emergency First Aid & CPR/AED Level C
- Standard First Aid & CPR/AED Level C
After completing either of these trainings, you will receive one certificate that states you have completed both First Aid and CPR/AED which is valid for three years.
After registering for an Online Blended or Online Only First Aid & CPR course, you will receive an email within 24 hours from the Canadian Red Cross. If you do not receive this email, please contact us via phone or email.
Once you receive this email, you will be prompted to complete your account on MyRedCross. From there, you may access your training. If you have difficulty completing your profile or starting the online training, check out our How-To video guide.
If your certificate has already expired, you are not eligible for a Recertification course. You are required to enroll in a full training course.
Students may register for one of the following
training formats to receive an official Canadian Red Cross WSIB approved certificate:
- Traditional All In-Class
- Online Blended (Half online, half in-class. Spend less time in the classroom.
WHAT CLIENTS ARE SAYING
13 FIRST AID TESTIMONIALS
Customers and Collaborators
Do you know what course you need?
Your employer or educational institution may have already told you what level of course to attend. If you cannot find that course, or aren’t sure which course to take, email us at info@13FirstAid.com.
We’d be happy to help you find the right course to meet your needs.