Kenwood Corporate Centre
16 Edward Street South
Rocky Mountain House Restaurant
409 Stewart Street
Petawawa Civic Centre
16 Civic Centre Road
Carleton Place Curling Club
120 Patterson Cres.
Real-world scenarios often call on children to respond to challenges. The Stay Safe! program teaches applicable and age-appropriate skills while increasing and reinforcing a youth’s capacity to improve his or her own safety. Whether in their community or on their own, this group will be given better tools to Stay Safe! in a variety of different situations.
Due to social distancing requirements, we have a maximum of 9 participants in Arnprior courses, and 18 participants in Renfrew courses. Class minimum is 6. Full refund will be issued if class minimum is not met.
Prerequisite: Age 9-13
- Importance of responsibility and respect while being accountable for yourself
- Importance of setting and following rules around safety when staying on your own
- How to stay safe at home and within the community
- How to prepare, recognize and respond to unexpected situations, (i.e. inclement weather, strangers, unanticipated visits)
- First Aid Content:
- Check, Call, Care (includes phoning EMS/911), recovery position, conscious choking (adult/child/alone), feeling unwell, asthma (includes use of inhaler and spacer), anaphylaxis (includes use of EpiPen), poisoning, insect stings, wound care (i.e. minor cuts and scrapes, splinters, nosebleeds, bumps and bruises, life-threatening bleeding, burns)
Stay Safe! Workbook